Friday 6 January 2012

Christmas joys

Hey, it's been a while since I've had anything to write about but here I am back again. I went to Switzerland over Christmas which was a new experience. We stayed in a Novotel overnight on the way down in France and I must say that was a brilliant experience. The hotel, for what we paid was really good. Me and my family went to Switzerland expecting a similar, if not better standard, only to say we were incredibly disappointed. The Hotel was pretty awful and there was no English television apart from CNN, which is great if you wanted to watch countless reruns of Kim Jong Il's funeral. Of course that would have made for a very merry Christmas. Not going to bash Switzerland too much other than to say the place was basically built for millionaires, not us ordinary folk who'd need to take out a loan just to buy a coke bottle - Not a large one either.

This having been said, the snow was amazing, we went to Engelburg at the foot of  the amusingly named Mount Titliss and we took a ride along the glacier express from Andermaat to Chur. The views of which were stunning. It was my first ever white Christmas and I enjoyed every moment of it, including the sledding on Christmas day. I sincerely hope your Christmas, was as pleasant and I wish you all a fruitful new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment